Sunday, July 25, 2004

Le Peuple Migrateur


"Le Peuple Migrateur" is a splendid documentary movie. The movie is astonishingly beautify and sets peple thinking. It's a movie about life, it shows us how beautify and how persistent the life is.

The English title of this movie is "Winged Migration" or "Travelling Birds", however, the actual meaning of the Frech words in the title should be "People Migrated" or maybe "Travelling People".

I don't know wheather there is any metaphor behind that, but in my mind, I think in fact people do migrate a lot. At least, I've seen it a alot.


My uncle has migrated to Canada since the year 2002. Then, My aunt and my cousin moved to him the next year. My uncle was a manager of a company, he also worked in a language school here as a chief. but he could get a job in Canada as he'd got in China. His first jobs there was very phsyical ones, and he got exausted everyday. He is now working in a supermarket, in charge of some staffs, but I'm sure he is not happy about the work. Also, my aunt was an accountant here, but she is now working in a bread factory. and she is worrying about her sick father in Harbin everyday. I think they didn't get better life there, all they did is for their son. He'll grow up in a healthier envoriment, recieve a better education and probabley will lead a brighter future.

A friend of mine has just left Harbin for Chongqing in Sunday. He was looking for some internships there. And after the intern, he would have slim change to remain in Harbin. He has a girlfriend in Harbin, who has already got a stable job teaching English in campus and probably wouldn't move into anther place during these years. Some sugeested him live in Harbin with his girl, however, he wanted a try away from home. I've no idea what they have planned or what the girl's concern. but I think it is always a sad thing for couples drifting apart. Anyhow, there're more oppcunities in other cities than in Harbin.

C'est la vie. When you get something, you will get something to lose at the same time. A very cynic version is "everyone is destnated by his/her inital value -- wise and wealth given by parents".

I also listed some pros and cons of hunting a job in larger citys with my friends. Still, the cons cannot stop me from going out, as it didn't stop the other people. because we'll never figure out how much it gains and how much it pains till we get it.

No comments: