Thursday, August 12, 2004

Scary Game

These days, i have been immersing myself in the game "DOOM3 Reloaded". The game is nodoubt another triller by ID soft, costs them 4 years to complete it. With the most advaced graphic engine, the game takes the player to another world -- Mars on 2145.

Althougth playing at the lowest screen resolution and image quality, with all special effects turned off, and of course the easy game settings, I still found the game scary. Those creatures, monsters, infected staffs just show up beside you and attack you. However the most scary scenario for me is when i walk into a room, i saw nothing, but heard screamming from behind the wall, beneath the floor, I realized that they are everywhere but I just could see none.

I remember words from my philosophy teacher "what one fears most is not death but unknown things to him." But everyone seems to fear about death, then i speculate what we really fear could be the "when" and "how" of the death. Futher, just like Rumsfeld said, there are "known knows", "known unknows", "unkown knows" and "unknown unknows", I guess I should have refer to some Artifical Intelligence books on the "Epistemic Logic" topic to map those into real world.

hehehe, I'm getting too far away. Okey, Back to Doom. Then, I got some cheat codes. I input them in the console to turn the "God Mode" on. Then, I had no concern about the "how" and "when" of my death. All fears had gone, then I just striked upon them with great vengeance and fury, then they would know i was in "God" mod.

No comments: